SmartFeederWOpet Automatic Pet Feeder Review
If you have a pet then it’s almost like having a baby that needs constant care and attention. You need to take care of their hygiene, bath times, outdoor play and, most importantly, meal times. But, what if you are a working pet parent or you have to go on frequent trips out of town? How can you ensure that your pet is well fed according to his schedule? This is possible with the best automatic pet feeder and today we will review the Smart Feeder WO pet feeder.
We absolutely love the smart design of the automatic feeder and the hassle free operation that makesit as good as having a pet sitter at home. It comes with a built-in camera and microphone which can be controlled remotely using the freely downloadable SmartFeeder software.
The software is compatible with Androids, iOS and other tablets. It can be connected easily with a Wi-Fi connection. You can easily set and reset the meal schedule and adjust portions as per your requirements. It can also be changed to the Offline Feeding Model which can evenly distribute food based on your customized settings.
With the software installed on your smartphone, you can ensure that your pet gets accurate amounts of food every time. The portions can range from 10 grams to 100 grams depending on your pet’s requirement. You can set or program the feeder to cater food to your cat as per her dietary needs. So, if she needs to gain weight then you can program it to dispense more food and if your cat is overweight then you can manage it by decreasing the portions and increasing the number of meal times.
The pet feeder comes with a built-in real time camera that allows you to keep an eye on your pet’s daily activities. This front camera is capable of recording your pet’s movements and it gives you the satisfaction of seeing your pet having her meal even when you are not at home.
SmartFeederWOpetcomes with a plastic container at the bottom which contains the food after it has been dispensedwhich serves the purpose of a meal bowl. It can be easily cleaned to give your pet a hygienic eating condition.
However, please remember that the feeder only supports a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network so if are using a 5GHz Wi-Fi network then you might need to reset your router’s network to suit your requirements.
Features of the SmartFeederWOpet Automatic Pet Feeder
- Measures 9.8 inch x 11.8 inch x 15 inch (tray included)
- Camera has a view angle of 120 degrees
- Detachable plastictray
- Supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
- Supports up to 32GB microSD card
- Dispenses only dry meals
- Apps compatible with above iOS 7.5 or Android 4.0
- Powered by AC power adapter or 3 D batteries
- The feeder is easy to install and works as advertised
- The app is user-friendly and the ability to see your pet when you are not home is great
- Camera option allows you to keep an eye on your cat when you are away
- The feeder can be easily customized for multiple feeding times for one or two cats
- You can remotely control the settings on the feeder
- It helps in ensuring a good diet for your pet
- It saves you a lot of money on pet sitters
- The motor works silently so there’s not a lot of noise
- The indicator alarm tells you when the jar needs to be refilled
- Camera records the surrounding area, but does not show the cat eating
- The instructions in the manual need improvement
We feel the SmartFeederWO pet is a really intelligent and smart pet feeder that can be customized to ensure your pet gets timely meals without fail. This gives you the peace of mind from knowing that your cat will be well fed even when you are out of town so no more depending on others. The smart features take the stress out of constantly worrying about keeping the feeder filled with food. It gives you a reminder when there’s not enough food in the jar.
This pet feeder is sturdy and well-built so you don’t have to worry about your cat knocking it down to get some extra food. Even in the event of a power cut, you don’t have to worry about the feeder not working because it is battery powered. The app is user friendly and makes it easier to control the feeder from anywhere anytime. What’s more? It lets you see your little fur ball when you are really missing them or you want to ensure she is fine.